Concepts and Designs
Concepts and Designs help you to learn and understand the SkyWalking and the landscape.
- What is SkyWalking?
After you read the above documents, you should understand the SkyWalking basic goals. Now, you can choose which following parts you are interested, then dive in.
- Introduction. Lead readers to understand what the probe is, how many different probes existed and why need them.
- Service auto instrument agent. Introduce what the auto instrument agents do and which languages does SkyWalking already support.
- Manual instrument SDK. Introduce the role of the manual instrument SDKs in SkyWalking ecosystem.
- Service Mesh probe. Introduce why and how SkyWalking receive telemetry data from Service mesh and proxy probe.
- Overview. Provides a high level introduction about the OAP backend.
- Observability Analysis Language. Introduces the core languages, which is designed for aggregation behaviour definition.
- Query in OAP. A set of query protocol provided, based on the Observability Analysis Language metrics definition.
- Overview. A simple brief about SkyWalking UI.
- SkyWalking CLI. A command line interface for SkyWalking.